Math On-A-Stick is back for 2017, and we need your help to make it another successful venture!
Each summer, more than 250 volunteers fill almost 400 volunteer shifts during the 12 days of the Minnesota State Fair. We’ll need at least that many to make it all happen again, and we hope you will volunteer this year!
We expect to have an extra need for volunteers during the day Monday, August 28—Friday, September 1 because many teachers are back in school or workshops by then. But we’ll need help every day of the Fair, all day long.
In case you’re new to Math On-A-Stick, here are a few details:
• Math On-A-Stick runs all 12 days of the Fair, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Volunteer shifts are typically three hours long.
• Volunteers DO NOT need to know anything special about math. Math On-A-Stick is a playful environment; your job is to support children and families engaging with the space, not to teach them math.
• You are welcome (encouraged!) to volunteer multiple times and invite others to volunteer! Consider coordinating with your friends and colleagues and volunteering together!
• We’ll send you an information packet and tickets for admission to the Fair in early August. If you volunteer for more than one shift we’ll mail you tickets for your first shift, and you can pick up tickets for the remaining shifts on site.
Contact us with any questions. See you in August!