Accomplished students entering 11th or 12th grade can experience the world of materials science and engineering at the University of Minnesota. The Minnesota chapter of ASM International, the world's largest association of materials-centric engineers and scientists, offers a materials camp that provides a hands-on experience into the world of materials science and engineering for high school students.
There will be a combination of mini-demonstrations, field trips and extensive involvement in laboratory facilities. Students receive FREE meals, tuition, knowledge and entertainment.
• Students entering their Junior or Senior year in high school in Fall 2017
• Inquisitive learners with strong math and science aptitude
• Four day, summer camp utilizing hands-on learning principles of materials engineering.
• A unique science experience under the direction of industry and education based “Materials Mentors”.
• Combination of mini-demonstrations, field trips with extensive involvement in laboratory facilities to actively explore materials science & engineering principles.
There is a competitive application process due by March 31, 2017.
Selections will be announced about April 15, 2017.
Contact us for more information.